The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for discussions on recovery from addition.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome


Welcome to MySobrietyBlog, which is, surprisingly enough, a blog about my journey to sobriety. There are many purposes behind my creating this blog, but the most important reason it exists is to provide a forum for discussing the things that addicts face as we struggle day-to-day. I hope that the discussions we have here will be helpful to individuals, the recovery community, and the world at-large.

This blog IS NOT a place for me to exert control or let my ego take over. I will not control discussions or force my views and opinions on anyone. I am still young in my sobriety (nearing 7 months as I write this) and I am looking to learn from you out there. There is wisdom in the masses and this blog is here to tap into that resource. With that said, I will monitor the threads that are started here, and I will remove anything that is offensive, prejudiced, or that "outs" someone that wishes to remain anonymous.

I expect that this blog will evolve over time, and I hope that it grows to become important to someone other than me. Someday, I hope to move the material created here over to a separate web site that can offer additional tools to the addict that is struggling.

I'm glad you're here, keep comin' back.

No comments:

Post a Comment