The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for discussions on recovery from addition.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Rambling


I don't know what to write about today. My girlfriend is gone until Wednesday night, and I miss her. It's raining so that is no fun. I stayed up late watching The Silence of the Lambs, so now I've got Anthony Hopkins' spooky voice saying "Good evening, Clarice" (listen, if you dare) echoing in my head.

I moved most of the stuff out of my apartment this weekend in prep for moving to Livermore to begin my 90-day residential program. Now I am living in a mostly empty apartment. It's amazing how big it looks when there isn't any furniture cluttering up the place. My landlord informed me that even though my lease was up I still was required to provide a 30-day notice. What a bunch of crap. It's just like me to skip over the details ... anyone else like that?

-- a day later ---

Girlfriend still gone ... still lonely, but only one more day. :-/ Missed my meeting today because of work. Bummer. :-\ I'm about to watch the The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers for the umpteenth time. Is it a bad thing to obsessively watch the same movie over and over again? It is definitely a comfort and safety thing for me. I can fall asleep listening to the movie because I know it so well and can picture it easily. It used to be LOTR - The Fellowship of the Ring, but I've seen that so many times now, I feel like I have to watch the other two or they'll get jealous.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth.
John Locke, philosopher (1632-1704)

BLOGGING TIP OF THE DAY:
If you type into your browser a lot, like when blogging (when you enter long, boring monologues that no one reads), you might as well spell things correctly. I am using an add-on for Internet Explorer called ieSpell. It's pretty cool, you can right-click in the text area and some additional choices appear, among them 'Check Spelling'. Its vary use full, Czech i tout. <--- yes, it passed :-)
Todd, alcoholic (1966-)

No comments:

Post a Comment