The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for discussions on recovery from addition.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Rainy Sunday


It's a rainy Sunday with my kids ... stuck inside and slowly going crazy. No one should have to be locked inside a 1 bedroom apartment with two boys, 5 and 8 years old. It makes waterboarding sound like fun. Okay, maybe I am making it sound worse than it really is. ;-)

I was forced to (er, had the opportunity to) chair my first meeting on Friday. What a joy! I guess there is only one first for everything, so I will have to make the most of it and remember it fondly so that I can look back on it later and (force a) smile. Actually, I thought it went really well. I was asked to step in for a last minute cancellation, and that played really well into my need to be the hero. Ain't ego grand?

I'm looking forward to next week. I have a lot to do at work, I'm looking forward to my regular meetings, and I'll get to spend some quality time with my girlfriend. Sometime I'll have to dedicate a post to her, she is awesome.

I think I'm gonna add a Recommended Reading library page to my blog and also something fun I'll call "Saying Central". This will be repository for all the 12-step sayings flying around out there. I think it'll be funny to see a big long list of them all. Please contribute, I want this to be a group effort.

Crap, gotta go. The 5-year-old has 11 Hot WheelsTM and the 8-year-old only has eight, and THE WORLD IS SO(!) NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment